Weekly column sharing genealogy-related things that I’ve found.
- Research Buzz (thanks, Pam!)
- Fascinated by the Dead: A Genealogy Blog
- Leaves for Trees, Heather Kuhn Roelker
- Tech Tuesday – OneNote For Genealogy ~ Research Bookmarks, Jana’s Genealogy and Family History Blog
- Using Asana in Genealogy, Family History with the LineageKeeper
- Set Up A Family History Project in Scrivener, Moultrie Creek Gazette
- New Show to Feature Tips on New England Research, GeneaPress
- By Their Deeds, One Rhode Island Family
- Avoiding Electronic Overload, Genealogy’s Star
Websites & Resources
- Family History Research: Sources at the National Library of Ireland (PDF) – Helpful guide for researching your Irish ancestors. Link will open a PDF file.
- War of 1812 History – “This ‘1812 experience’ is comprised of numerous articles, quality book reviews and offers, extensive links, and the largest collection of War of 1812 images on the internet. Event listings, news and unit websites dealing with the exciting reenactment hobby can also be found here. Make your computer come alive with the sounds of the past by visiting our sound clip gallery. If you are up to the challenge, test your knowledge of the War of 1812 by taking one of our quizzes. Finally for the armchair general we provide unique animated battle maps that give you a quick understanding of a particular clash of arms during the war.”
- Western History & Genealogy – Research Tools | Denver Public Library – Guide to a variety of resources to help you with your Colorado genealogy research.
- Genealogy Digital Collections | Denver Public Library – “The Digital Collections include Colorado obituary, mortuary and cemetery indexes, census and tax lists, naturalization files, military, pioneer, marriage and divorce indexes as well as biography listings.”
- Ireland Civil Registration District Map – Very nice map put together by FindMyPast that shows the civil registration districts for Ireland.
Upcoming FREE Webinars
|1/30||Inheritance in Scotland – Wills, Testaments, and Land Records, with Marie Dougan||Legacy Family Tree|
|2/1||Online Genealogy: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, with Linda Woodward Geiger||Legacy Family Tree|
|2/2||Digital Organization for Documents and Photos, with Eric Basir||Southern California Genealogical Society|
|2/6||YouTube Your Family History, with Devin Ashby||Legacy Family Tree|
|2/7||Metadata Is Your Friend with Denise Barrett Olson and Thomas MacEntee||DearMYRTLE|
|2/11||Facial Recognition and Ancestor Photos with Darlene Steffens||DearMYRTLE|
|2/12||Exploring the Records of the Freeman’s Bureau, with Angela Walton-Raji||Friends of the National Archives SE Region|
|2/12||Best Genealogy Present You Can Give Yourself: Citing Your Sources, with Harold Henderson||Illinois State Genealogical Society|
|2/13||Pre-1850 U.S. Research Methodologies, with Karen Clifford||Legacy Family Tree|
|2/18||Family Search Wiki, with Laura Williams Carter||Georgia Genealogical Society|
|2/20||No Will – No Problem, with Michael John Neill||Southern California Genealogical Society|
|2/20||Making the Most of Canadian Census Records, with Kathryn Lake Hogan||Legacy Family Tree|
|2/21||Do It Backwards: Finding Descendants First, with Alice Volkert||Utah Genealogical Association|
|2/27||Annie Moore of Ellis Island – A Case of Historical Identity Theft with Megan Smolenyak||Legacy Family Tree|
|3/2||Time Travel With Google Earth with Lisa Louise Cooke||Southern California Genealogical Society|